Investment in Christian education: Deeply invested for over 30 years with multiple perspectives as a parent, Board member and Head of school.
- Two sons who attended Christian schools K-12 and then on to Christian colleges
- Served on Board of Trustees of ECS for 3 years and chair of various committees including Finance, Board Development, Strategic Planning, and Head Search Committee
- Involved in national, regional and local associations which support leadership, training and support for K-12 Christian schools
- Led Board retreats for several K-12 Christian schools and presented at local, regional and national Christian school conferences
Consulting Expertise: Elementary and secondary education analysis, innovation, risk analysis, strategic planning ,leadership development.
- Twenty five year career in banking which included providing retail and commercial credit customer solutions
- Twenty of the twenty-five years including leadership of small and large product teams including serving as the market President for the last thirteen years. Served on the Board and key leadership roles, including Board Chair, for a variety of community groups
- Served fourteen years as the Head of School of a 50 year old, 1000 student non-denominational Christian school which included extensive work in strategic and financial planning as well as implementing an RDI concept (school of resource, distinction and innovation)
Background and training:
- B.B.A. Millsaps College
- Professional development - University of Virginia Graduate School of Retail Bank Management
- Ohio State University Commercial Banking school
- University of Tennessee Executive Development program
- Christian education professional development through conference and seminar training provided by NAIS, TAIS, CESA, ACSI and CLA.
Personal mission and interests:
- To be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of God. - Col 1:10
- Personal love of travel both domestic and international, reading wide variety of works, fine arts, personal fitness, sports ( particularly Boston Red Sox, Memphis Grizzlies and ECS Eagles)