Financial Budgeting and Reporting
Investment in Christian Education: Significant involvement for over 15 years as a parent, volunteer, coach, Board member and Board chairman.
- Two daughters who attended Evangelical Christian School (ECS) from K-12 and are now attending college.
- One son who began in JK and is currently in the 8th grade at ECS.
- Served on the Board of Trustees of ECS and various committees for 10 years. Committee service includes Finance (2 years as chairman), Executive, Strategic Planning, Audit and Board Development.
- Served as the Chairman of the Board of ECS for 2 years.
- Served on search teams for various key administrative positions.
Consulting Experience: CPA with over 30 years of experience in accounting, audit, tax, financial planning and projections, and consulting. Consulting experience includes significant projects with various Christian non-profit organizations including churches and schools.
- Owner of M3 Enterprises, LLC since 2001, a professional services firm focusing on accounting, tax, financial consulting and special projects. Projects include internal controls, financial reporting systems, design of accounting functions, budget preparation and analysis, litigation support, forensic accounting and expert witness testimony.
- Prior work experiences include VP of Financial Services at Belz Enterprises, Controller at Anderson-Tully Company, Director of Internal Audit for Mid-South Bottling Company, and Audit Senior with Arthur Andersen & Co.
Background and Training
- University of Wisconsin – Lacrosse – BS in Accounting, 1980.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in Tennessee and Minnesota.
- Member of the American Institute of CPA’s and the Tennessee Society of CPA’s.
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF).
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
- Served four terms on church finance committees including as chairman.
Personal Mission and Interests: To be a willing servant, recognizing what Christ has done for me, doing the will of God and glorifying the Lord in every area of my life. Like the Psalmist I want to trust in his mercy, rejoice in his salvation and sing unto the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me – Psalm 13:5&6. My personal interests include those areas that my children are involved in – fine arts, athletics and foreign language. I am an avid supporter of ECS athletics and fine arts.